Advantages of Remote Diagnostics
- Remote coding of the vehicle for trailer operation by diagnostics professionals
- Cloud-based software - no installation necessary
- Comprehensive solution for many car manufacturers and types (see price list for details on available car type)
- Once you purchased the diagnostic tool, you only pay for the coding processes which you actually need
- No costs for software updates and no annual fees
- Two diagnostic tools available: Expert and Basic
- Chat functionality for live contact with a technician
- Further applications available (for example code clearing, audio system decoding or combi sensor calibration - see price list for details)
The universal vehicle coding solution offered by ERICH JAEGER
After the installation of a towbar wiring kit for trailer operation, it may become necessary to code the vehicle in order for the control unit to activate functionalities like the deactivation of the park distance control or indicator monitoring. Rather than having to use expensive isolated applications for car types from different manufacturers, ERICH JAEGER in cooperation with a service partner offers an easy and economical "One-fits-all" remote diagnostics solution.
Vehicle coding in three easy steps
After you have registered with our service partner and settled the invoice for the diagnostics tool, you will receive the tool for Android phone or web browser. Now, you can perform the vehicle coding for most common car types (see price list for details) by following these three easy steps. A technician will guide you through the process via live chat.
- Plug in the OBD connector into the vehicle's interface and connect the tool to your tablet or Android smartphone (download of the free App necessary). The remote session will start automatically via the tablet's web browser or as an App when using the phone.
- Within the web browser or Android App, select the car type or application to be coded. The diagnostics professionals will see the request and start the coding process.
- Once the coding process is finished, the respective information pops up in the app and the car gives a signal (for example by turning up the headlights). You can now download the invoice from our cooperation partner's service portal. Only successful coding processes will be invoiced. Faulty coding can be reversed.
The Diagnostics Tools
|Control/Connection||via app/smartphone||via WIFI/Webbrowser|
|CAN FD ready2||—||•|
|Connectivity||USB-C via Smartphone||via WIFI or LAN|
|Operating system||Android||web-based solution works with every OS|
1 DoIP (Diagnostics over Internet Protocol) is a communication protocol that is already installed in some vehicle models and will increasingly be used in future vehicle models.
2 The CAN FD (Controller Area Network Flexible Data Rate) is an extended CAN bus communication standard, which will also be used in new vehicle models.
Order and Register now
Fill out our order and registration form and benefit from the advantages of our remote vehicle coding solution.